The department recently released its annual report to the legislature that details the administration, spending and future needs of its invasive species programs. 2013 marks the first year of a multi-bureau effort that encompasses news on terrestrial, aquatic and wetland invasive species in a single report.
Key items in the 2013 Invasive Species Report [PDF]:
- Challenges facing the invasive species program
- Where additional efforts are needed to protect Wisconsin lands and waters
- And Program highlights from:
- Division of Enforcement and Science – pages 8-13
- Division of Forestry – pages 14-15
- Division of Forestry and Division of Land (cross divisional) – pages 16-17
- Division of Land – pages 18-22
- Division of Water – pages 23-30
Visit DNR’s invasive species page to learn more about invasive species or to report an invasive species in your area.
Entry written by Deborah Seiler, UW-Extension and DNR Aquatic Invasive Species Communications Specialist